Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hunt for Red October

Well, I went hunting for a Red October, and I must say I feel like it was a successful expedition! I had the privilege to work with the lovely ladies of Alpha Chi Omega (University of Texas Chapter) to help them let their newest members know just how special they are by designing a total of 70 arrangements for their initiation. Their colors are red and green and their flower is a red carnation, so I chose to incorporate various shades of red and green and an occasional carnation or two in the arrangements.

Here are a couple of pics to give you an idea of how my studio was bursting at the seams with flowers (definitely not a bad thing to be surrounded by dozens of beautiful and fragrant flowers!).





I also did Alpha Chi Omega's Founders Day Dinner, in which they wanted to emphasize their flower, the red carnation, so I chose to go "carnation crazy" and I ended up creating huge pomanders of pure carnations that sat on each table as well as some smaller rose/carnation arrangements. Pomanders are typically seen at weddings suspended in the air, but I thought they would also make a fun and interesting almost Dr. Sues like center piece for this particular event!








Until next time!

~Molly







No comments:

Post a Comment